Saturday, February 27, 2010

It Was Nothing

I saw two people share a look and it made me uncomfortable.

It was just two friends catching up - right? They hadn't seen each other in years. That's all it was. Of course it was - but dammit, I saw that look. It was full of admiration. Appreciation. Regret?

I wonder what she's thinking.

She would never cross that line. But the line doesn't lie between her actions and her self-control. The line is blurred somewhere between her feelings of happiness and regret.

I wasn't the only one who saw it.

If nobody else had noticed, I would have shrugged it off as a slip of my imagination. But somebody did notice - and somebody did feel uncomfortable. What does that mean?

7 comments:

  1. Damn it all, sometimes that line between feelings of happiness and regret should go take a running jump. Even the line between feelings and actions, sometimes. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just for once do what we feel without fear?

    Beats me how you manage to be so compelling in just a few sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Postman, you really do come out with the loveliest things sometimes! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm GUESSING seen as I'm now allowed to read this, it means I ain't allowed to question it ?
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Mashlip, you're writing is like a symphony for the eyes, a perfect balance between words of discovery and wisdom. The harmonious debate between realisation and intrigue. I want to eat up your words. They make me know you're going to be a super star in the world of your chosen industry.

    KEEP IT UP. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oouh question away cupcake. It wasn't about anybody you know, if that's what you're wondering. Sorry chevals.

    "the harmonious debate between realisation and intrigue" - I LIKE THAT! not too bad yourself ey?!

    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I was indeed going to ask who it was about, seen as you wrote it the day after Rmanz, i woz wonderin if there woz some cheeky gossip floating around during my unaware, unstable state.

    Glad u lyk ma chat gurl. safe safe.

    LY. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soulaima i could read this stuff for hours...simply beautiful, you and you're way with words.

    Lara
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mais Lara, je t'aaaime. Merci grosse x

    ReplyDelete